The VCC Learning Centre provides free academic and career support for all VCC students in a welcoming and respectful learning environment. Our team of professional tutors and learning strategist can help you develop skills and strategies to reach your learning goals.
The VCC Library and Learning Centre are part of a vibrant, diverse learning community. We respect and are enriched by our differences, including but not limited to age, disability, education, ethnicity, gender expression, gender identity, language, national origin, religion, socioeconomic status, and sexual orientation. We are committed to maintaining an accessible, inclusive environment where students, staff, and faculty of all backgrounds can work and learn together. We strive to integrate the values of equity and inclusion in our services and space through ongoing reflection of practices/processes, identifying and removing barriers to access, and staff development.
We offer the following free services*:
- Academic tutoring (1:1 or small group sessions) with professional tutors. Book an appointment.
- Academic writing
- Business (business math, financial/management accounting, economics)
- Career skills (resume and cover letter writing, interviews)
- English as an Additional Language
- Health sciences (anatomy & physiology, pharmacology, medical terminology)
- Life sciences (grade 11/12/1st year biology)
- Math (basic math, grade 11/12 math, culinary math, calculus, statistics, linear algebra)
- Presentation skills
- Sciences (grade 11/12/1st year chemistry and physics)
- Academic coaching. The Learning Centre coordinator provides individualized support to help you improve your learning strategies and academic performance. In academic coaching, you can work on goal setting, time management, reading effectively, adapting to online learning and studying for tests and exams. Book an appointment.
- Workshops on study strategies, technology help, language skills and more.
- WriteAway online writing tutoring. Receive amazing feedback by email from trained writing tutors to help you develop your skills as a writer.
- Study and career resources
*All Learning Centre services are for current VCC students only, with the exception of resume/cover letter/interview skills support which VCC students may access up to 3 months after their course or program ends.
In alignment with VCC’s student educational conduct policy and our mandate to help students develop their skills as independent learners, we do not check homework/assignments/papers. We can help you identify areas of challenge and develop skills to check and proofread your own work.
- In-class orientations to the Learning Centre
- Learning strategies workshops to help students identify how to study effectively
- Interactive resume/cover letter Moodle course that can be customized for your cohort (Instructor Guide)
- Consultations on learning resources for online learning
If you have any questions about our services, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org