English tutors provide individualized assistance to help you develop your writing skills. You can discuss ideas, develop your writing outline, bring specific questions about your writing, and learn how to proofread and edit your own work. Please note, tutors will not proofread or edit your writing assignments.
- Submit your writing assignment and receive email feedback from writing tutors that will help you improve your skills. Free for VCC students.
- Real-time help with research, citations, using the library, finding materials, evaluating sources, journal databases, and more!
- Four Feathers Writing Guide
- This writing guide “presents traditional Coast Salish teachings and approaches to learning to support Indigenous students develop as academic writers.”
- Citation Guide
- VCC Library's quick guides for citation styles including APA, MLA, Harvard Style, Vancouver Style and ASA.
- Writer's Task List
- Excellent resources to develop your writing skills from Purdue's Online Writing Lab.
- Write Online
- Academic writing guide for case study reports, lab reports, literature reviews and reflective writing. Includes sample papers with feedback.
- Understanding Assignments
- How to write an effective response to a variety of assignments.
- Plagiarism Tutorial
- Interactive tutorial on understanding plagiarism, preventing it (paraphrasing), and citing sources.